Thursday, March 20, 2008

An early Easter

Yikes! Easter is early this year. Of course, we’ve known that, and surely you’re more ready with your products (shipped and displayed) than the throngs of folks buying cards at the last minute (that would be now). For those of you with stores, I am sure you keep statistics on which card holiday is the most last minute. How do the holidays stack up? I don’t think Easter is the most of the “last minute purchase” group, but this year it might be! Anyone want to chime in on this one? I’d love to hear.

My mom is a big card-sender, and this Easter is no exception. But this time, since we won’t be together, she sent me a box via UPS to the office. Inside was my card, from Ambassador.


My mom always chooses a “for my daughter” card no matter the holiday. She also sent me 3 packages of Peeps chicks – yellow, purple and green; 3 candy bars; and a pink kitchen towel, by Tag, featuring bunnies and carrots, and a pink potholder with Easter eggs on it . I love that there is so much product out there to help celebrate the holiday.

I was surfing the net, wondering what was out there in Easter card land, and I found this hand-crafted card by Pickled Paper Designs. It was on a blog, and the designer is Amy Sheffer. Amy says on her Feb. 10 blog that she has a rapidly approaching card-selling venture! Well, Amy, if there’s any place to get your cards into the market, it’s at the National Stationery Show!! Very cute card. I love the ribbons.


Easter is, of course, the holiest of the Christian holidays. DaySpring offers a very wide selection of religious Easter cards (and other products), for a wide variety of tastes. This card is available in a pack of 8, and contains a message and Bible verse.


I like the foiled, flourish design on the front - very pretty.

I really would love to hear from retailers – what is the most “last minute” card holiday? Though Mother’s Day (this year, May 10th in the U.S.) is one of the more popular card-sending holidays, according to the Greeting Card Association. I wonder if there are all those sons out there buying the cards on Saturday and even on Sunday. Write in and tell us!

Happy Easter, Happy Spring!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment