Thursday, March 13, 2008

Irish, one day a year!

I don’t know about where you live, but here in the NY area, St. Patrick’s Day is BIG! I am not Irish, but St. Paddy’s day has been a part of my life, well… “ever since!” When I was little, we used to hang shiny green shamrocks (you know the kind – cardboard and foily green) on our windows and doors, and we used to watch the NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The day was capped-off with corned beef and potatoes for dinner. And you know there was Irish Soda bread. Yum. Also, my Mom used to dress my sister and me in matchy-matchy green outfits (that girl scout body suit came in handy sometimes…) for this holiday. What was that about? Green ribbons in our hair and everything!!! I guess it is, for us here on this side of the country, just another advent of spring! We’re ready for warmer weather, and the bright green of those shamrocks give us hope!

The party and stationery stores in our area are filled with St. Patrick’s Day products. Check out the PartyCity website. I like this paper plate from Amscan. The green with green and the whimsical design is just happy. It puts a smile on my face.


There’s so much product out there (napkins, cups, tablecloths), it would be easy to put together a party in a snap! For those of you who’d like to get even more festive, beads and boas and hats, (of course, hats!!!) abound!

I was in my local CVS store yesterday - they have Hallmark cards. There are just so many from which to choose! I’m starting to think that the luck ‘o the Irish might bring a little pot of gold! Erin go bragh, indeed!

Check out these cute stickers from EK Success. They’ve got everything here that conjures up memories of the holiday! They’re great for scrapbooking, of course, but I might even stick a good old four-leafed clover on my computer!



Did you know that See’s Candy has St. Patrick’s Day products? I love See’s Candy, and it used to be pretty hard to get, as it wasn’t sold out this way (they’re a West Coast company)! I’m sorry, but I just can’t help myself to drooling – just look at these milk chocolate candy potatoes!!


They’re huge!! And forget bunnies, how about a chocolate leprechaun? Wow. And gold coins are a natural for this holiday.

After seeing all there is surrounding this holiday, I’m ready to host a party, Irish or not! Can anybody teach me to jig?

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment