Friday, October 16, 2009

A Change of Seasons

It’s fall…and in New York that’s a big change of season! The air starts to crisp, the fields turn to brown and summer fun comes to an end. The last of the flowers show their brilliance and fade away quickly. My little garden always looks so sad without the flamboyance of its more colorful early-season relatives.

I suppose that’s why cards, notes and visuals with pretty flowers will always be popular. They fill the needs of those who appreciate delicate petals, long stems or vibrant eyefuls. For me a flower means happy, friendly and special. My curiosity took me to the 2009 NSS Online Catalog Gallery (which runs thru October 31) for a quick peek at what’s fresh and different for cards. I easily found what I was looking for – Jet Papier had a variety of floral beauties while Vera Bradley presented some updated versions. Sheer delight!

For those who haven’t checked out our Online Catalog Gallery, put it on your “Must Do” list for this month. It’s a great tool for buyers – exclusively featuring NSS exhibitors – providing easy access to complete catalogs with just a click of the mouse. Keep this in mind as we approach the 2010 National Stationery Show, for a sneak peek at all the great products to be found on the Show floor!

I will miss the Summer with its endless flowering but in the meantime, I only have to turn the corner to my local card shop to pick a vivid jonquil or hearty wildflower. As the days get darker earlier, send someone something that will perk up their spirits and get them through to Spring!

Talk to you soon!! Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment