Friday, July 24, 2009

My Daughter's Baptism - Oh the Decisions!

August 30 marks my daughter’s first momentous occasion – her baptism. So this oh-so-proud mama has been on the hunt for the perfect invitation and party accessories…right down to the napkins. What I’ve discovered is that the market for baptisms is expansive, with both practical and luxurious options. Who would have thought? And the colors! I never expected to see baptism invitations with bright hues and patterned ribbon embellishments. In fact, I very much expected to start my hunt for invitations, favors and party décor and be done 30 minutes later. Instead, 4 hours later I returned home with several options floating in my head.

But alas, the winner of the invitation is revealed...SanLori Designs! (And for the record, my deadline for this blog forced the decision.)



And after much debate, I decided that my daughter’s guests will leave her baptism party with these cute little Crystal Angel keepsakes, which are custom cut from crystal and packaged in a cushion-lined gift box adorned with a customized ribbon featuring my daughter’s name and date of her baptism.



…and of course…the napkins “I just had to have,” as my husband says.



Who would have thought a baptism would be so much work. Long gone are the days of just a few options…and only white options!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment