Thursday, December 10, 2009

Social Media: Are You on the Bandwagon?

So here I am, plugging away at my job as Marketing Manager for the National Stationery Show, when the following Twitter message stops me in my tracks as I attempt to Tweet:

Twitter is over capacity.
Too many tweets! Please wait a moment and try again.

But I have something to post that our 524 followers need to hear now!

We are addicted to social media, this much is true. Approximately 25 million U.S. adults are utilizing Twitter with more than 2 million tweets sent daily. Likewise for Facebook, which touts more than 350 million active users and 55 million status updates daily.

What does this mean to us? Lots of opportunity to communicate with those who matter most to us, and with those who want to hear from us.

So why am I pushing this social media craze in our NSS blog? We’ve jumped on the bandwagon as a means of communicating with our customers year-round, in a way that works for you. Gone are the days of having time to read long, detailed emails or casually peruse websites for information. We need information quickly and we need it concise. For all things 2010 National Stationery Show – from the latest Show news and event information, to newly-signed exhibitors and special features – check us out at:


If you have news that you want us to share with our fans and followers, send it to me at mgray@glmshows.com.

Happy Tweeting,
Melissa

Stats courtesy of Pew Internet.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen that message many times before and it is frustrating every time!

    ReplyDelete