Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hi Bloggers



Arque talking! Some of you may remember me from my days as sales manager of the National Stationery Show. I worked on the Show for 15 years, and a year ago I moved to the Operations Department. As part of “Ops”, I now work on all of the Shows behind the scenes. So, I remain an integral part of the Team, now seated on the logistics end.

In my new position, I work with the operations managers and show managers to coordinate all the logistics to get the Shows up and running. One such piece – near and dear to our exhibitors -is the set-up bulletin which is packed with information from move-in procedures, to shuttle service, to special features unique to the NSS, such as the product donation program, Operation Caring Connection.

This program is really special and popular. Now in its third year, in conjunction with the United Service Organization (U.S.O.) we collect exhibitor donations to ship to our troops stationed in various parts of the world – things like greeting cards, notepads, writing instruments, journals, and books.

This year we had a tremendous response from our exhibitors and sent USO 20 cartons and 1 pallet of great products. I want to recognize the exhibitors who generously donated:

Allport Editions
• Art Sales International
Avanti
Candle-lite
Christoper Vine Design
Knock Knock
Laughing Elephant
Sourcebooks,Inc.
thestepcardcollection
The Time Factory

And, give kudos to Freeman Decorating Company and Yellow Roadway Corporation for their donation of freight consolidation and trucking services.

This community effort is one of the things that I love much about this industry - its generous spirit. It’s like giving a big hug to the troops from all of us!

Until next time, Arque

No comments:

Post a Comment