Monday, May 18, 2009

2009 National Stationery Show Rainbow Room Bash

On Sunday night we had our annual National Stationery Show Bash at the Rainbow Room. As I watched the guests dance against the glorious backdrop of a night-lit NYC, I found myself reflecting on the past year.

This year has been a challenging one for businesses and the industry as a whole. As if the global financial situation was not scary enough, we also had to deal with the Swine Flu. I spoke with several vendors who voiced concerns about traveling because of this.

In the end, these vendors pulled their resources together, braved the dangers and got themselves here for the 2009 National Stationery Show. The buyer turnout has been great and the products being exhibited are as creative as ever.

What occurred to me as I watched exhibitors, buyers and GLM Show staff meeting and getting to know one another at the party; was that the stationery business is essentially all about connection. Through their talent and originality, many of our exhibitors have made connection and communication their life’s work. Perhaps that is why these very special people were able to pull through such scary times to make the 2009 National Stationery Show such a success. It leads me to believe that, armed with enough determination and Purell, we can survive anything.

See you around the Show,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment